13/12/2008

How to make Papaya Salad ? (with pictures)

 

After our afternoon "fishing", Panadda and her friend invited me for a Thai lunch/dinner (for we had not had lunch). We went to Al Fair supermarket where you can find food from all over the world (including fresh bagels).

We bought groceries to make papaya salad and Pad Thai. Here is the recipe for the Papaya Salad (which was one of my favorite meal when I visited C. in Bangkok, so good when served with sticky rice) :

DSC01166

First, you have to shred a green papaya

DSC01175

Using a mortar, you mix green and red chili and garlic

DSC01176

One tablespoon of sugar

DSC01177

One small tablespoon of MSD (I have no clue of what is this powder)

DSC01179

A pinch of shrimp paste

DSC01181

Tomato and lime are then added

DSC01184

A splash of fish sauce

DSC01187

Last, the shredded papaya and then you mix everything

DSC01190

Here is the result : a wonderful meal ! If you like cashew nuts, you can top up your salad, it adds a crunchy taste

This recipe is quite easy and so good. It's spicy, sweet and sour at the same time. Actually, it was very spicy (I was with real Thai cooking real Thai food). Hopefully, I'm used to eating very spicy.

If I ever cook Tom Yam with my Thai friends, I will definitely post the recipe the same way.

Comments are welcome.

Aucun commentaire: