12/12/2008

Picking up shells in Muscat

 

Thursday was off for me since I had worked the previous Friday.

Panadda had planned to go with her boyfriend and another friend to the beach to pick up shells. She asked me to come.

Al Bustan

We went to Al Bustan where there is one of the most luxurious palace in the world. We could not have a look inside since there is a GCC meeting this month and security has been strengthened. Therefore, we went to the nearby beach. It looked like Brittany with dark rocks all over the beach, which is funny because 100m from there you have white sand beaches.

 DSC01124 Al Bustan palace

It was very nice because I got to see many animals I'm not used to see on European beaches. While Panadda and friends were looking for seafood, I was taking pictures of this strange creatures.

DSC01131 Panadda trying to catch fish

DSC01126 It looks like a star fish but it's moving very fast

DSC01127 Urchins

DSC01138 This little guy was eating algae

DSC01143 Camille's friend

DSC01139 View from Al Bustan Beach

Al Gubrah

After one hour, we moved back to another beach to get another kind of shells. It was actually in Al Gubrah, near the Chedi !

This place seems popular for shells since many Asian families were there.

DSC01146

While my friends were searching the sand, I walked on the beach and picked up nice shells (empty ones !).

DSC01151

DSC01152

This hobby is quite surprising (I would not have the idea to pick up shells on Muscat beaches) but seems very popular in the Thai community. They actually do so to get very fresh seafood (compared to Carrefour or LuLu).

I spent a good time at the beach, relaxing and enjoying the nice weather. It also reminds me of the 'good old days' when we used to pick up seafood on Brittany's beaches. 

Aucun commentaire: