03/11/2008

My new apartment

 

I have just moved in into my new apartment. I used to stay at the golden tulip seeb hotel.

Here is a quick sketch of the apartment :

plan appart

It's a new unit in a brand new building. I'm located in Khuwair district, close to the Radison SAS in Muscat.

As you can see it's a 2/2 unit, it's about 80m2, which is huge given the fact I live here all by myself. It's so big that I get lost all the time. When I want to go to the kitchen, I usually enter the living room.

Basic furniture has been put in by my company. However, I'll need to buy some more in order to feel a little more "at home".

My company rents 6 units in the same building. The other 5 units are my colleagues' apartments.  It's nice since we have our privacy but are still close enough.

I haven't been hanging around much but the area seems OK. There are plenty of shops and restaurants around the corner. Anyway, we are closer to the city than we were when at the golden tulip.

My old camera doesn't work anymore. It acted weirdly when we were in the US so we have bought a new one, which I left in France. However, I had to buy a new one for my job. I purchased it yesterday night at Carrefour in Muscat city center (which is actually far from the city center !). Therefore, I was able to take pictures of what will be my home for the next couple of month.

DSC00003 Entrance Door

DSC00004 From the entrance door, on the right the living room.

DSC00001 Living room

DSC00002 Living room

DSC00012 Bedroom 1

DSC00013

Bedroom 1

DSC00008

Bathroom 1

DSC00006 Bedroom2

DSC00005 Bathroom 2

DSC00009 Kitchen

DSC00010 Loggia

DSC00015 View from bedroom 1

The view from the window does not seem nice but during the day I can see the mountains in the background.

The apartment is fully air-conditioned, even the kitchen has an A/C unit. I live on the top floor on the building, it'll get hot during summer time.

Although I don't watch TV, I have 600+ channels most of them are Indian. I think I'll buy a speaker to play music from my mp3 player or laptop.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes with this new apartment.

Aucun commentaire: