17/11/2008

The sultanate of what ? Where is Oman ?

Though many people have never heard about Oman, most of them don't dare asking me about where I work.

The Sultanate of Oman is located in the Middle East, South of UAE and East of Saudi Arabia. At the south-eastern part you'll find Yemen.

Before you open a new window to look up where are these countries, here is a map found on google :

Nouvelle image

I live in Muscat, the capital of the Sultanate. 

In the peninsula, it's the second biggest country, just after Saudi Arabia. It's pretty much the size of UK. More than 80% of the country surface is deserts and sand valleys.

Therefore the climate is a bit arid. However, the southern part gets some rainfall and tends to be "greener" as far as aspect is concerned.

I'll be able to tell you more about the geography through the trips I intend to take around the country.

Mots clés Technorati : ,,

Aucun commentaire: